Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Blog


New Year, New Blog             January 1, 2014


On New Year’s Day 2014, I’m making a commitment to blog regularly about teaching reading and writing and the technologies that boost student learning.  New Year’s seems a propitious day to make a (foolish or worthwhile—choose one!) commitment. Last November I tried to complete the NaNoWriMo challenge where people try to complete 50,000 words of writing in the month of November. Though I fell a bit short, I actually found writing 1600 words a day very helpful to my thinking and to my writing. I’ve been teaching students a long time (decades), am using Twitter for my Professional Learning Network to follow stellar teachers of literacy, and have been teaching blogging to my students for my more than five years.

My burning interests?

1.       How to teach writing and reading more effectively!

2.       How to start an independent reading program at my school.

3.       How to use classroom technology to enhance student engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment